Follow Buttons

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

New Parent, New Journey

Four months ago I became a mother. It was by far one of the greatest gifts I've ever received in this life. It took a while to set in that I am now responsible for another human being. I've always heard, "you'll wonder what you did before you had a child" and it is so true!

I've always tried my best to be a prepared person. With a kid, you have to be. I'm a little OCD which is good but annoying. I know it drives my husband crazy. I am currently writing this while riding in a vehicle back to Kansas from Maryland. Needless to say, this vehicle is packed with stuff for my son. We used most of it but there are definitely items I could've left home. I plan on writing about traveling with an infant soon to help any of you that will be doing so and need a little advice.

I am a stay-at-home mom. I am incredibly thankful for my husband who works hard so I can raise our child. I have always wanted to be a wife and mother who stayed home raising the kids, preparing meals for the family and keeping the house clean. There's nothing I love more than a happy family and a welcoming house. I am really looking forward to when I can keep up with duties outside, like a garden, as well.
227
Life has changed since having a child, which isn't a bad thing. My heart got bigger, that's for sure. My love for my husband grew too. I feel like we are closer than we were before. We make a pretty good team and I think everyone needs that when raising a child. We can't just get up and go like we did before. It takes some planning. Luckily, we have a lot of my husband’s family that live close and are willing to watch our son while we go to appointments or celebrate special occasions.

Time goes by so fast now! New things happen daily. And my heart is so full. For those trying to conceive or currently expecting, I want to tell you that the best part of your life is about to begin. Don’t listen to those that say your life is over once you have a kid. I suggest soaking up all of the help when your little one arrives. Take that shower that your help insists that you take but you feel guilty for leaving the baby with them. And don’t worry that you won’t do a good job because YOU WILL. It’s funny how the baby doesn’t come with a manual but you know exactly what to do without one…or there’s always someone you can call!

Have fun my friends! What are your memories of being a new parent?
IMG_0736edited

No comments:

Post a Comment