Follow Buttons

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

What I Miss Most [About Living In The City]

I can go on and on about my love for living in the country but I have to admit that I miss some things in the city. It’s been a little over two years since I moved to Kansas. I moved from Owasso, Oklahoma which is about 20 miles from Tulsa. It was a booming city when I moved there and still is. Even Garth Brooks calls it home! When I would drive to work before I was living in Owasso, I would drive by Garth’s “house – aka fence line” hoping to see him or Trisha along the way. I don’t know how, but I think everyone else ran into him at the grocery store or a restaurant but me! Oh well…

While I was living there and dreaming of moving to Kansas I got pretty fed up with the traffic and rude people. I knew I would miss the shopping and food options and honestly, I still do. I also miss the events and services available there. Here in Western Kansas there aren’t a lot of things going on and when there is, there aren’t multiple occurrences to fit your schedule (or your husband's). I guess that’s what makes the city though. Plenty of things to do and people to see. I never ran out of options if I wanted to go do something. Plus, new things were available there that you have to wait for here. The one plus side of that is that by the time it makes it here, it’s been proven to be good. Right?
No matter what, out of material things or service options, I miss my friends that I had to go do the things with, the most. When I moved, I left my best friends and siblings which SUCKS. But I gained a husband, son and extended family that I love. It’s a much simpler life here and I am not going to complain about that because I highly enjoy SIMPLE. Now more than ever. Bringing up a child in a rural setting is what I’ve always wanted and I get to do that so that makes missing the city easier to deal with.
Have you moved from the city to a rural area? If so, what do you miss most about the city?

9 comments:

  1. My husband and I are from Chicago-- and while I love Kansas, I do miss the FOOD!!! Ethnic options especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet there's a huge difference from Chicago! I've never been there...I hope to one day!

      Delete
  2. I moved from Kansas City to Los Angeles to...Emporia, Kansas. Not rural, but VERY DIFFERENT. Culture shock, to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am such a city girl I know that the only thing that would keep me happy are the very things you listed: the love of family.
    Thanks for linking at the #BestofTheBlogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am lucky to have my husband's family here but I miss my own very much!
      Thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  4. I was very interested to read this... we are living in the city w/ hearts in the country someday, hopefully, so this was good to read. :) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete