Follow Buttons

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Harvest 2013

This is a big thing around here...Wheat Harvest.

I've never experienced it before now and let me say, it's been quite interesting! I love how alive the county seems to be with all of the big tractors and trucks moving around.

Last night I got to go with Matt to help a local farmer who also sold Matt our house and also owns the veterinary clinic with his wife in Utica that Matt's stepmom works at. Matt's job was to get the grain truck, meet up with Randy in the combine (aka: green chopper thing), Randy will "top it off" with what he's cut since loading the truck last and Matt will haul it into town (Utica) to unload at the elevator then take the truck back.

It was very interesting to me to see the whole process. I have been pretty much a city girl my whole life. I have to say though, this is sort of neat and I love where I live. I especially love the people here. I do miss my family a whole lot!!

Here are some pictures I snapped from last night. Hope you enjoy them!

Leaving the field to meet Randy

Randy topping off the top with more grain

We were next to go into the elevator to dump the truck

Outside of the elevator we were just in

The sunset after we got back in the bronco to head home

A piece of wheat I picked out of the field that wasn't chopped up






No comments:

Post a Comment